If the eyes are the windows to the soul…
An unspoken language of fleeting glances conveys so much to passers-by, but this summer, these designer sunglasses are stylish reasons to maintain an air of mystery, create intrigue and shield your emotions without having to lower your gaze.
Invest in a pair with reflective tinted panes proven to protect the delicate retinas from harmful ultraviolet rays, and show the world your best side beautified with decorative metal, leather and jewel detail.
1. A subdued natural palette dominates the Louis Vuitton range of spectacular rimless and thick-framed eyewear, while turquoise and purple are injected into the ‘Charlotte’ and ‘Anemone’. Petal-shaped frames give distinction to the ‘Daisy’ model while the ‘Obsession Cat-eye’ is decorated with the brand’s signature pointed flower pattern making these 100% UV protection pieces instantly recognisable.
Louis Vuitton ‘Amber’– This attractive pair is edged with metal monogram flowers on the arm tips while the ‘LV’ signature is engraved onto the lenses and temples.
2. Easy to identify with a single glance, Prada sunglasses are whimsical accessories with some flaunting the “Baroque curl” at the temple or large, round frames for eccentricity and others, a generous lashing of tortoiseshell surrounding cat-eye lenses. Peep through the bejewelled Prada ‘Ornate’ or the ‘Poeme’ design which boasts oversized square frames.
Prada ‘Ornate’ – This pair is embellished with crystal and black stone on the curled arms and contrasting ivory frame. The round lenses are tinted in dark grey and lake blue.
3. With uncompromising design and quality extending to a myriad of daily items like silk scarves and precious pens, Bulgari has successfully permeated their range of fine eyewear with extraordinary luxury too. Get noticed with big round frames from the Diva Collection, metal scales on ‘Serpenti’ items or multi-coloured sapphires on a ‘Le Gemme’ pair.
Bulgari ‘Diva’– Hand-set crystals lend glamour to this gorgeous accessory while the summery jade frame complements the over-sized round shape for complete sophistication.
4. Make a statement with unconventional Versace eyewear that incorporates interesting detail for undisputed glamour. Let the fun begin with the colourful ‘Rock Medusa’ which features canary yellow arms, or wear the maxi shades in contrasting black and white. Don’t be bound by bright hues when you opt for something stunning that’s trimmed with studs or textured with a marble effect.
Versace ‘Rock Medusa’ – The grey cat-eye lenses of this two-tone pair are framed in black and yellow acetate with cut-out detail on the front and small Medusas at the sides.
5. Enjoy superb protection from harsh UV rays with handcrafted Dior sunglasses. Flaunt the confidence of a silver screen siren with rectangular frames or go for glamour with a butterfly silhouette. Non-conforming architectural lines meet high fashion trends to create their unstructured pantos shape, while the mask contours of the Dior ‘Solar’ range create a dynamic yet subtle contrast with pink, yellow and ivory metal as well as mirrored lenses.
Dior ‘Metaleyes1’ – These sunglasses are characterised by a feminine circular form, a glossy metal wave across the crystal acetate front and subtle contrasting hues.
6. The Cartier maison proudly features their iconic big cat on a number of their exceptionally crafted jewels, and precious eyewear is no exception. The panther is tastefully stretched to become the gold-finished arms of light, rimless sunglasses featuring a wide range of colored lenses to choose from; See the world through rose, calm green or blue tints but if you prefer rimmed glasses to balance defined eyebrows, experiment with Trinity De Cartier. Inspired by their three-banded Trinity design, these frames are comprised of red composite, grey lenses and a golden palladium finish.
Panthére De Cartier – Rimless shades are graced with their leopard mascot, gold or platinum-finished temples and oval, brown lenses that gleam with a golden mirror reflection.
7. Unleash your fabulous feline self and maintain an air of mystery with dramatic Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses in leopard spots and blooming florals. DG-branded black frames hint at mosaic on the inner edges of the arms, and for the truly bold-at-heart fashionista, get behind a 70’s inspired pair moulded from pearled acetate in purple, red or petrol blue with exposed silver temples.
Dolce & Gabbana – The butterfly profile of this wild pair with its animalier print holds polarised brown gradient lenses which offer proven UV protection.
8. Amidst the Chopard luxury watches, high jewellery and engagement rings, this French brand showcases exquisite eyewear like the dark ‘Havana’ frames with gleaming rose-gold details and a touch of bling to lift the graduated brown lenses. Wrap your pretty peepers in oversized Bordeaux frames polished with 23-carat gold or get chic sunglasses that appear to be carved out of semi-precious rock.
Chopard Havana – Gradual smoky lenses are set in shiny grey, stone-effect frames with sparkling palladium for a rich, impressive look.